Monday, March 19, 2007

I went on a retreat

As an early Mother's Day present to my mom, my stepsister and I went on a women's retreat with her church. We don't all attend church together anymore (a story for another day) and we all needed a break. Once again my cheeks came to the rescue. We didn't know anymore (my mom maybe knew 5 people) and there was 150 women there. Very intimidating, but nonetheless we made friends. The cheeks made friends after we made my mom play the game Operation (which she never played before...she is deprived). Some women came by to watch me lose and then asked if we wanted to play another game. Suddenly 13 women were crowded around a small table laughing their heads off. We closed the room down that night. We ended the night by tormenting my mom with questions like how do you know you have toe fugus? and what Disney princess do you want to be? as we all drifted off to sleep. Well mom did, Meg and I were kept up by the roaring of her snoring. I finally crashed only to be woken up by Meg stating she really couldn't sleep and needed her IPod. Did I need to know that? All in all it was a great time away though I missed my family a lot. I thank my cheeks for getting me through another adventure and meeting more cool people.

No comments: