Saturday, April 16, 2011

Day 5 - A little late

Day 5 - down 7 pounds!

I started my morning staring at the scale. How could it be that in 5 short days I was down 7 pounds. I felt strong, powerful and even a little cocky. I went out to lunch with my mom and girls and made good choices. Again feeling strong and powerful as I asked for an apple instead of my usual wheat bread. But then a few hours later, the ground shifted. God slammed the door we have been asking for an answer for: I lost my job. We were at the library when this happened. I listened to the polite "let go" as I watched my daughters play amongst the puzzles, two of my closet friends wrangle up their kids and mom's worried look as I slumped against the window seat. I no longer felt strong, powerful or even remotely cocky. I wanted a cookie, a cake (yes an entire cake), a cupcake, a bottle of wine and a carton of cigarettes. I wanted all of this as my thoughts ranted with swear words at the man on the other end of my phone. As I hung up the phone I had no words and yet God was there. I could feel His whisper, His love telling me it will all be okay. He is here. He is in control. He is powerful. He is strong. He is the calm to my raging storm. I do not know what the future holds, but I do know He has a plan and I am going to rest in that plan. Not saying we didn't freak out a little last night. Not to say that I didn't stumble last night. I did I ate Georgio's calazone and I gained 3 pounds back this morning. I've asked for forgiveness and ate a healthy breakfast and back on the journey.

Three different versions of Psalm 27:14. I am waiting for the next door to open now that one is closed.

New International Version (©1984)
Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.

New Living Translation (©2007)
Wait patiently for the LORD. Be brave and courageous. Yes, wait patiently for the LORD.

English Standard Version (©2001)
Wait for the LORD; be strong, and let your heart take courage; wait for the LORD!

No comments: