Tuesday, April 19, 2011

Days 6-8 It's been a long couple days

I haven't forgotten this blog or my covenant, but the past couple days have flown by. Day 5 instead of binging on cake, cookies, alcohol or anything else sugar/idol related, we did have Georgio's calazones which did add 3 pounds back. Yep one meal added 3 pounds. So I've been slowly taking those 3 pounds back off and I'm almost there. So right now in 8 days I have lost 5 pounds. Not bad in one week.

I have 5 days left of my covenant with God and it now includes small group, dinner with my in-laws and Easter. Not an easy 5 days to stick to this diet. I'm in charge of dessert tonight and my house smells wonderful. The kind of wonderful you want to lick the bowl until it is completely gone wonderful. Why torture myself you ask? Because the house we meet in is going gluten-free and I wanted to make something their kids would love and the adults would find tasty. My in-laws are planning on Subway with KFC sides so I'll be emailing asking for my sub to be a salad.

I made another round of egg muffins for breakfast this week. These are so much easier then making an omelet every day. This time I did shredded chicken, green peppers, tomatoes and little bit of feta cheese. My taste tester, Sophia loved it.

Breakfast - 2 egg muffins (slightly shared with my taste tester)
Snack - carrots (definitely shared with my taste tester)
Lunch - romaine, strawberries, feta cheese and sliced almonds with poppyseed dressing
Snack - vanilla yogurt (mostly taken by my tast tester)
Dinner - turkey taco salad (yes again, but easy when you have 30 minutes to eat from when your hubby gets home to leaving for small group)

I'll share my Made to Crave thoughts tomorrow....good stuff happening!

No comments: