Monday, April 11, 2011

These Cheeks Need a Diet

I am a sugar addict and a carb addict and a food addict and then back to a sugar addict. It's true. I could walk in a meeting and say "hi my name is Jen and I'm an addict". I'm been on a roller coaster with this food addiction for too many years and have tried all of the "magic" diets. I have had a true kick in the pants, this time from God. God has a lot to say about my food addiction and what I've been doing to my body. I've been reading Beth Moore "Breaking Free", "Made to Crave" by the president of Proverbs 31 and "17 Day Diet" by some doctor who I don't know if I believe everything he says, but he is on the right place. So all this to say I'm committing 14 days (until Easter) to cleansing my house, my soul, my addiction. It starts today. D day if you will. I'll post everyday for the next 14 days what I've been eating, my weight loss and overall cleansing thoughts. Get ready, it's going to another fun ride. PS diet is loosely based on the 17 Day Diet, counting carbs for diabetics, my chiropractor and South Diet.

Breakfast: 2 egg omelet with cheese
Snack: vanilla yogurt with frozen berries
Lunch: Romaine lettuce, goat cheese, small amount of pear and small handful of sliced almonds with raspberry dressing and carrots
Snack: vanilla yogurt with blueberries
Dinner: salad, grilled turkey burger and corn on the cob

Dessert: NOPE

No comments: