Thursday, April 21, 2011

Day 9 - God is moving

Day 9 and I have lost 7 pounds! Not bad for someone who usually has trouble losing 1 pound a week. God is stirring something deep in my soul that is starting to come to the surface. Though I don't know what exactly it is, I can say it is life changing. I've been watching Jamie Oliver's new food revolution and the last time I watched it, Healthy Living Inside & Out was started. This time I've got something even bigger brewing in me and I can't wait to see if it is the direction God takes me in.

Other things to mention: I managed to avoid the tempting cupcakes and doughnuts at MOPS this morning. A big deal for me as I felt tempted and said "I WAS MADE FORE MORE!". I started to feel jealous of the women around me who don't have this idol of food, but then came to my senses that ridding myself of this dysfunctional relationship is the very thing that is bringing me closer to God. As Mr. Gru says "Lightbulb!"

God has me discussing my journey with more and more people. It is very exciting to share this passion and the things I have been learning with others. Even more exciting to see God stirring up their hearts too.

God has also been showing me the amazing women that surround me in my life and how each and every one of them brings a different piece to the puzzle. I don't know if you read this, but thank you my twin, my mentor, my new mom friends, my cff, the one who lets me love her boys, my healthy living partner in crime, the 2 most amazing 20 somethings and every other woman who touches my life. I am humbled to be called your friend and to walk any part of this journey with you. God had used you to show me how to live again and what the definition of true friendship means.

No comments: