Thursday, April 28, 2011

Waiting

I have spent, what feels like an eternity, waiting on the Lord. Waiting for His presence, His voice, His will, His direction. Then I read this verse: “Wait for the LORD; be strong and take heart and wait for the LORD.” Psalm 27:14 (NIV) It reminds me that waiting will not be easy and doesn't have a time limit. But waiting will get me my heart's desire. My true heart's desire not the frivolous ones that I sometimes offer up in prayer.

What is my heart's desire? My true heart's desire to make a difference in this world and change lives for Christ. I've begged God to give me a ministry to love on women. I don't want to be a women's director (my friend Heather does a great job at that). I want to just love women in the place where they are hurting the most. Right now I see that women are hurting from their stomachs. That food and the craving of food has a stronghold on their lives and Satan is living in their kitchens. They are destroying their bodies, but more importantly they are moving farther away from God. So I asked God to make a ministry to help with this hurt and He is.

Waiting on the Lord is creating a ministry for me that I never dare dreamed could happen. It begins this fall with the book, Made to Crave in my Healthy Living class and it won't stop there, but for now that is the plan. I do hope you join me for a ride that will change your life.

No comments: