Tuesday, April 26, 2011

Did you miss me?

I know I know I haven't posted in awhile. Were you on pins and needles how the end of my 14 day journey went? Well the end wasn't as dramatic as I wanted it to be, but God still showed up. In 14 days, I lost 7 pounds. Not bad for a girl who hasn't lost anything in months. I felt better so much better not having bread or sugar in my system. I did go off the wagon for Easter weekend and I felt so sick Sunday night. I feel much better today with clean eating Monday behind me. I do want the temptations out my house again. The Hawaiian rolls and leftover Easter dessert need to go, but so far I'm holding out strong.

Here is what I learned from my 14 days:

By sacrificing something small, God revealed something big
I feel more in control by letting God take control of my eating habits
I feel more powerful in saying no to food temptations then in giving in
I do not miss the morning guilt after binging on ice cream or other desserts
I have more energy and did not need to nap right after lunch
God IS with me and holding my hand when temptation is near
I CAN do ALL things through Christ who strengthens me

It felt so good to be so close to God, to hear His voice and feel His presence. I'm continuing to not eat bread, pasta and dessert. I am continuing to eat egg muffins for breakfast, salads for lunch and healthy dinners. I am allowing myself one meal a weekend to go off the wagon (as Jackie Warner recommends in her book). I am watching the amount of sugar hidden in other grocery items. I actually look at the ingredients on a package now. I'm eating more fruit and vegetables. I'm not snacking on processed foods. I don't know how long I can keep this going, but I like it and pray God keeps me to my commitment.

May He bless you in your journey as He has blessed mine!

No comments: